Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Disney Screen Grab Paint overs!



Saturday evening the family and I were watching Disney's The Sword in the Stone, one of my personal favorite animated films. After the movie ended and the kids were all in bed I went in to my studio and thought it would be fun to do a quick paint over of a screen shot from the film. Originally I saw this technique done by the incredibly talented Tyson Murphy. I limited myself to about an hour or so for the over painting.

This exercise was actually a lot of fun and I learned a ton from doing it. I even painted one this morning over a Jungle book screen grab. Honestly the things you can learn from studying other people work is amazing! I think a big part of being a professional artist is the fact that you'er never really done learning. You will spend a lifetime practicing and growing in your respective disciplines. I look forward to doing this again sometime.

I've included the original screen grabs for comparison. Have a great week everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Her exhibitions of Spanish contemporary art include painting, sculpture, photography, objects d'art and installation. Sofia Gaspar also provides art consultancy to private and corporate clients. best sewing machine

    ReplyDelete