Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pie-Rat!


Avast, me hardys! Thar be Pie-Rats!

For this blog post I thought that I would share with you my first ever animated GIF! This is a nice way to show all of you a quick version of my digital painting process. Like the Harry Potter tutorial, I'm following the same basic steps of line art, flat colors, shadow pass, lighting pass, and an overpaint. Only for this painting I skip the grayscale process and go straight to color.

As far as the subject goes I was laying in bed the other night and thought that it would be funny to paint a "pie-rat"! So I when I woke up the next morning I thumbnailed some possible ideas and compositions. Once I found what I was looking for I sketched our little friend out. After a little bit of painting we have our master of the seven cheese!

Oh and on a side note I recently purchased CS6! This was my first painting using the new software. Overall I'm pretty happy with the new version of Photoshop!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this Adam!!!! OMG,You are amazing!!! I hope to someday be as good as you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndi you are too nice! I wish that I could have even just one pinky finger full of the artistic talent that you have. I'm glad you liked the painting :)

      Delete
  2. nice! i like the gif and the painting.

    ReplyDelete