Monday, November 5, 2012

Jetpack Jack and the Beanstalk



What's everyone!? I wanted to share my latest painting from Will Terry's Children's Book Illustration Class at UVU. For this assignment we were to Illustrate a scene from the classic tale of Jack and the Beanstalk. I choose to take it a little further and take the story in to the science fiction realm and rename it Jetpack Jack and the Beanstalk. I know original, right?

You can see that I changed the composition as I moved into the final painting. I felt that there needed to be more visual interest in the image so I cut out jack and flipped him. Doing this created a nice X intersection.

I really enjoyed creating this and as with every painting I learned a lot and can't wait for the next project. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment