Sunday, September 29, 2013

"JAW"some



Being an artists is a lot of fun but, being a dad is 2 million times better! I love my kids they are the best and every year I get to help design and create their birthday invitations. Can you guess this years theme?

Recently, my soon to be eight year old son Ben has become obsessed with monster movies like Godzilla, King Kong, Jurassic Park etc... Earlier this summer his cousin Ethan came up from California for a visit and told him how awesome the movie JAWS was.

A little background for those of you that have never met Ben. He is completely obsessed with animals!  He can tell you pretty much anything about crocodiles, snakes, big cats, and yes sharks!

Since Ethan's visit, Ben has begged and pleaded to see JAWS. So I hesitantly, borrowed a copy from my Dad and we watched it. He freaked out a little but is now 10 times more obsessed with sharks!

This project started with a quick sketch on some bond paper, was scanned and painted in Photoshop CS6.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Favorite thing: the rich color of the water. I also love the light shining on the top of the shark as well as the nice texturey-random edge line of the white belly. I'm so glad you posted this for all to see.

    ReplyDelete