Monday, April 2, 2012

Hellboy updated!


I have always loved this painting it represents a lot of growth for me as an artist. There is one thing about this image that has always bothered me, Hellboy's chops. When I first painted this I had no idea how to paint hair. So like any artist I did my best and the out come was lackluster at best. In recent months, I have spent a what seems like a ton of time painting hair both digitally and traditionally. The image on the bottom I painted last summer and the top is one that I spent 5 minutes repainting the hair. I know I could have spent some more time getting it perfect, but I just wanted to quickly fix the hair... take care!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love LOVE this.

    Huge fan. Of Mignola and now you! Be sure to update this piece on dA. ;)

    What a difference five minutes can make!

    ReplyDelete