Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Man's Best Friend

 Lately I've been doing a lot of value paintings. Over the years I've been taught by several mentors to focus on value in my work. They would teach that if I got the values correct the colors would work almost no matter what. When I paint I tend to think in black and white. I do this mostly because before I started painting I would draw with pencil and ink. When working with graphite or ink the real trick is to control your whites. "Don't let your darkest dark be lighter than your whitest white" is phrase that I hear often in school. I love this saying because it is the real key to balancing your image. As with everyone I'm still am learning with every drawing and painting and look forward to learning more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment