Saturday, August 18, 2012

Grandpa Bailey

What's up my fellow bloggers!? Finished this painting a couple of days ago. This one is a little more on the personal side for me because the subject is my Grandfather. He is 90 years young and is the most amazing pianist. He's been playing the piano since he was 2 years old so He's had a few years of practice. He has traveled the world playing for sold out crowds all over.

On the Fourth of July my Grandmother, also 90, passed away. A couple weeks after the funeral Grandpa and I were hanging out at his house and he asked if I'd be interested in doing some art work for him. I replied with an enthusiastic YES! He gave me a reference photo and left the rest up to me.

My Grandpa has a terrific sense of humor. I can remember as a little kid coming over to his house and watching Laurel and Hearty. He and I would read the funnies (comics) in the new paper together. He always has a good joke to tell. So with that in mind I decided to have more fun with my reference and paint a caricature of him. Hope you all like.


2 comments: