Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sleeping Beauty Coloring Book Fun!





A few years ago when I was studying Illustration at UVU we were given a really fun in class assignment by one of my favorite professors Ryan Wood. The assignment was to take a coloring page from a coloring book or online somewhere and create a digital painting from it. 

I needed a little break from client work to recharge my batteries so I thought it would be fun to revisit Ryan's old assignment. My subject for this exercise is none other than Sleeping beauty. I found the image on a generic Disney coloring page google search. 

The great part about this process is that I can skip right to the painting because the line work and composition are essentially done. As with most of my digital work I start off with a value underpainting and "glaze" color over the top. All in all this painting took just a few hours. It's great practice when you are looking for something to paint or draw. Alright now back to work! 
-Adam

1 comment:

  1. Man this is a really smart and sounds like a fun practice challenge. Thanks so much for sharing. This was awesome.

    ReplyDelete