Saturday, January 12, 2013

Albert Einstein...One Creative Dude!

  I was at a lecture the other night at UVU. The speaker/ teacher Howard Fuller made some really interesting points. He talked about attending a PTA meeting years ago. At that meeting the school board was discussing the curriculum. They expressed the need to drop one of three classes. Naturally art was the big target. Comments such as "My kids are going to draw or paint" or Who needs art"  were made. Howard, being a artist, spoke up and explained that art was more than drawing and Painting. Art is more than sculpting or graphic design.  He said that art was about creativity! It allows people the opportunity use a different side of their brain. To think outside the box. He made a valiant effort to keep the art program going but ultimately it fell on deff ears and was dropped. It's sad really, I know tons of creative people who express them selves through art weather it be through drama, painting, music, sculpting or whatever. Art programs in schools and communities give us healthy ways to express ourselves. Let's remember that always! 

I myself, am super blessed to come from a creative family. My parent's were supportive and always encouraged me to draw. My dad is a fantastic artist/ musician and my Mom makes the most amazing quilts. My brothers and my sister are equally gifted in various forms of art. My brother Brad is a talented animator/ film maker, my sister Carly loves to sing and my youngest brother Dave is a very gifted photographer! It's been a real treat to see my own kids be creative. They are alway crafting or drawing something. Sometimes, I'll see one of their drawings and it will spark a great idea for a monster or some weird creature design. Sorry to brag, but it's important to foster creativity in everyone. I could go on forever about this...

Okay my latest painting...Albert Einstein. The idea to paint Mr. Einstein came form a conversation with my friend Rani. She wanted a print, of my Sherlock Holmes, for her husband. He is studying computer science. He told her that he wanted to surround himself with images of inspiring people. When she told me this I immediately wanted to paint Einstein! I really admire Albert Einstein for many reasons, but most of all for his creativity. Here are a few fun and interesting quotes from Einstein: 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." 
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." 
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." 
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." 
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." 
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." 
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." 
"The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable receiving." 

Wow this was a long post! With that have a terrific day and lets keep the creative juices flowing!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great post Adam. I love how this print turned out and I also really appreciate your words on the importance of creativity- Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And I love this Einstein. He's one of my favorite problem solvers in history!

    ReplyDelete