Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lets pick up the spare!

I was Bowling on the Wii last night with my kids. Thought out the entire game I kept on getting eight or nine pins down and would occasionally pick up the spare. While we were playing, I thought back to the old NES games of the 80's. When I was a kid my parents would take us to Toys R Us and I would walk up and down the video game isle and look at all the awesome covers.  I love how the cover art would sale the game. I'm pretty sure those covers were a huge factor in me loving cartoons, video games and comics so much. Before I went to bed I quickly sketched this out and painted it this morning. I thought it would be fun to turn the equipment in to cartoon characters. I wanted to paint in a background but ran out of time... maybe I'll turn it into a vintage looking NES game cover! (colored pencil and photoshop)

1 comment: